Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Psalm a day challenge

Well, December is already here and it feels like it is moving just as fast as all the other months. Before long Christmas is going to be here and then it will be a new year! I just can't believe how fast this year is going and I'm starting to see how a person should take in every moment they get.
I did not realize while I was waiting for Saturday to get here that I didn't know what I would write about this month. On December 5th, while I was reading my Bible, God answered a prayer I didn't know I had been praying. He showed me that I want to do a challenge this December. The book of Psalms is filled with great comfort and support. I go to it a lot when I feel really sad and I don't know what to do. I realized I have only read the book of Psalms two times. It is the longest book in the Bible and sometimes it's still hard to  understand. That is why I am going to challenge myself to read a chapter in Psalms a day this month.
I hope to grow closer to God while studying my Bible and have a more personal relationship with Him and not just a knowledge based relationship! I will post pictures of my favorite verses to my Pinterest board daily with the label A PSALM A DAY. Also on Twitter I will be using the hashtage #APsalmADay. A great link that also will help me is that eight girls on instagram, known as Eight Girls of Faith, are posting pictures about verses from Psalms and talking about them. Here is the link: eight girls of faith. I hope you will join me in this and you all have a blessed December!
Also here is the reading schedule for the month of December:

No comments:

Post a Comment