Thursday, January 1, 2015

Special New Year's post

New Year's Eve was great! My best friend, really sister, Courtney came over along with one of her friends and one of my friends. I decorated the house with blue and silver Christmas ornaments and gold beads. Court came over and helped me and then we ran to Walmart to get hats, confetti crackers, and pizza.
We stopped by her house and about got chased by an evil dog. We went back to the house and filled balloons with confetti and hung them up. Then we set all the food out and the sparkling grape juice, no alcohol! We wanted to have fun and still remember everything!
We laughed over having difficulty fixing pizza and we sat around and talked and watched Dick's Rocking Eve Party. At midnight we popped the balloons and confetti went everywhere! We popped the crackers and toasted with sparkling grape juice. We had our hats on and took the first pictures of 2015!
Everyone left, but Courtney stayed the night and we started cleaning up. It took us about an hour to get everything cleaned up and back to normal before the party. Court went to bed and I stayed up watching TV. I thought about what New Year's resolutions I wanted to make. Here's what I have:
  • Be a better Christian. I can do a lot better and I do want to grow closer to God in 2015
  • Do better in school. I was pretty slack this semester. I need to do better and I know I can
  • Get more serious about my writing. I could be working on the thing I love if I just had more drive
  • Relearn an old hobby. I'm going to focus on playing the guitar
  • Eat heather and exercise more. I know a lot of people makes this resolution but I am very serious about this
  • Live more in the present instead of the past. I have a hard time of forgetting things and living in the past. I want to change that because I know living in the past will hold me back.
I hope all of you have had a great New Year and 2015 is a great year for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment