Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fall Break 2015



"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." ~Romans 15:13 (NIV)
My mom and I went to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee for my Fall Break. I'm writing this "review" post of the places we went to. I'm not writing this to brag about what I got to do. I'm writing this to inform people about great things that people can do in another state. There are pictures on the blog's Facebook page and on my Instagram page (@itsbrandirose).
The first thing we did was go to the Island in Pigeon Forge, TN. This place is amazing! It has everything from an arcade to a Margaritaville restaurant. Some family friends met us at the Island and we played on the tight-ropes course for a good two or three hours. It was so much fun and we made a lot of good memories. We also rode the Smokey Mountain Wheel during sunset and it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen! The shopping was fun and the buildings were beautiful! I suggest everyone, who can, goes to the Island in Pigeon Forge.
The next day, Mom and I found a pancake house we had never been to. We ate brunch there and the food was amazing! The waitresses were so nice and made sure everything was good. The pancake house was small and had a homey feel to it. The inside of the pancake house reminded one of a log cabin. The funny thing is, the pancake house is called Log Cabin Pancake House. This is a place to eat breakfast at if you're in Pigeon Forge!
We went to the Book-Warehouse next. This store has the Moonpie General store in it. There are tons of books for a cheaper price than what you would pay in another bookstore. I bought three books for about twenty-six dollars and got another book for free. Two of those books were Karen Kingsbury books too! A person can find great, original Smokey Mountain keepsakes.
Finally, Mom and I went to a dinner show at the Biblical Times Theater. We watched the show "The Days of Elijah." The food and service were great. The acting and singing were amazing and the play followed the Bible. The play also helped me understand parts of the Bible better! I suggest everyone go see a show at this theater!
Last but not least, Mom and I went to The Christmas Place. They have great ornaments and it's like you've been transported to a Christmas Wonderland! It is worth just walking around in.
I hope that this "review" of places in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee helps you if you ever want to take a vacation there. It's a great place and is still a family-friendly place.

No comments:

Post a Comment