Sunday, August 31, 2014

Proverbs 31 Women of the Bible- part 5

Wow! This is the last installment of the Proverbs 31 Women in the Bible where the Old Testament is concerned! I've really grown in my faith while doing this series and the "Other Women of the Bible" series! So, let's look at some great role models of strong, Christan woman virtue.
Jehosheba: In 2 Kings 11 we meet this loving aunt. She risked her life to save her nephew from her mother. Then, she acted as his mother and raised him to know and worship God. He became a righteous and God-fearing king because of this!
Esther: Well, the whole book of Esther is about this young woman who was an orphan who became a Queen. With her trust in God, she saved her people from being completely wiped out! Her courage is outstanding and so inspirational!
The Psalms Girl: Okay, so I know most of the book of Psalms was written by David. But the book of Psalms has comforted me on a daily bases. Therefore, I like to believe there is a Psalms Girl in all of us. A girl who runs to God about everything and loves to praise Him!
Song of Songs Woman: The book of Song of Songs is a love story. We do not know the name of Solomon's bride in this book. I think she gives the best advice any girl can follow and that is to not be quick to wake up love. Take your time and let God pick the guy and fall in love with each other with Him as the center of the relationship!
I am in love with this series and I'm looking forward to getting into the New Testament soon. I hope y'all have enjoyed this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment