Sunday, August 24, 2014

In the Eyes...of the One Who made You!

You are treasured
You are beautiful
In the eyes, in the eyes
Of the One who made you
You are perfect
You're worth more than you know
In the eyes, in the eyes
Of the One who made you 
 (1 Girl Nation  "In The Eyes")
I feel like I have nothing to write about. So, let's see where God leads this post!
I'll admit it, when this week started I had all of these great ideas for a blog post. Then six o'clock wake up calls, road construction, a messed up car, Moma hurting her back, and three college classes later, everything but these thoughts left my head. It has diffidently not been a dull first week of the new Fall Semester! So, here it is very late at night and I am just now writing a blog post.
Monday was the start of the early wake-up calls and the traffic due to road construction. It's my second year at a Community College and my first class is English. I enjoy this class because we write and read the whole time. My teacher is an older woman who, before teaching in college, taught in prisons. She is a kind lady who will really get you interested in the things you are reading and writing about.
My next class is public speaking and I love my teacher's fashion sense! I am terrified of public speaking and I do have social anxiety, but this teacher really tries to make the class fun and make all of us feel more comfortable. She'll tell us stories of her college classes and how she was terrified of public speaking too. This helps to calm my nervous some.
My last class is Developmental Psychology. My teacher is very soft spoken and laid back. I had her last semester for Introduction to Sociology. She comes up with these really creative activities for us to do and gives very thorough study guides and lectures. She is one teacher I never thought I would have before I started college. In High School, I had managed to convince myself I could never pass a psychology class. When I went to do some dull enrollment classes my Senior year, I was told Introduction to Psychology was one of the only classes I could take. Very reluctantly I took the class and fell in love with the subject! That was two and a half years ago and I still enjoy the subject!
I want to share some college knowledge that I wished someone had told me. First, even if you are going back to college for a second year and have your main supplies for school, do NOT wait until the day of classes to read the syllabi for your classes and see all the supplies you need that you didn't think of! This will help to take away a little of the stress of a new semester beginning. Second, if you have a lot of early morning classes don't try to take a night class also! I learned this the first day of classes and had to go drop my night math class! Third, I find Bible verses to go with the feelings I have towards a class and write them on sticky notes. Then, I tape those sticky notes on my books. being able to look down to those verses during class help me remember that God is right there with me!
I hope this post will be an encouragement to people who are experiencing college and any type of school. Thank you for caring about my thoughts and opinions to read what I write weekly!
God Bless,
Brandi; XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment