Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mom: A Gift From God


"Above all, love one another, because love covers over a multitude of sins." ~1 Peter 4:8 (NIV)
Okay, so it is Mother's Day weekend. That means that there will be a lot of blog posts about mothers. At first I thought about not doing a post about mothers, but then I thought, "My Moma does so much for me and has been there for me through everything. How could I NOT write about what an amazing gift God has given me?!" So, needless to say, I'm writing a post about Mother's Day.
The dictionary defines a Mother as: a female parent. one's female parent.  a mother-in-law, stepmother, or adoptive mother. a term of address for a female parent or a woman having or regarded as having the status, function, or authority of a female parent. a term of familiar address for an old or elderly woman.


Well, now that we know that let me tell you a little about my mom. My moma is beautiful, smart, loving, caring, and wonderful! Growing up I remember she would do it all and she was (and is) one of my biggest role models! I remember seeing her work with people who had special needs and how caring she was for them and their family members. I remember her ALWAYS being there when my family needed her! She has
always been on my side and been my biggest support!
Now on March 10, 2012 something amazing happened in our lives that helped my moma become, not only SuperMom, but also my best friend. We had been on a mother-daughter cruise and had heard the author Karen Kingsbury speak. We had stopped at a truck stop in Georgia where a young casheir was telling every costumer her problems. Moma had been tuning the girl out, but I had been listening to everything she said and my heart broke for her. When we got ready to check out the girl told us her problems and I was moved by the Holy Spirit. I asked the girl if I could pray with her, so that is what I did. That night my moma renewed her relationship with God!
My moma and I have been through some pretty crazy adventures together. Most of which people wouldn't believe even if I told the stories to them. But other adventures have been really nice in just having someone there to support me. My moma helps me try to brighten peoples' day at the pregnancy center by coming up with crafts that we can do for them to let them know we appreciate them for being moms who want to raise their children right. She understands that God might be calling me into trying to help put an end to sex trafficking. It scares her, but she supports me. She also supports me and cheers me on in my dream to become an author.
I believe the closest a person can come to feeling loved like God loves us is from the love of a mother. I believe He gave us moms so that we will always have an earthly taste of what His love is like, but also to remind us to multiply that by a million times more. So this Mother's Day tell your mom you are thankful for her and give her a hug. After all God knew you would need a SuperMom, so he placed a gift in your life, the woman you call Mom.
Now, I don't  want to end this post on a sad note, but I have to write what God has placed on my heart. Let me start by saying this: "The Lord gives His people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace." ~Psalm 29:11 (NLT)
"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keeo on praying for all the Lord's people." ~Ephesians 6:18 (NIV)
I'm blessed to be getting to spend Mother's Day safe and sound and with my family. But the girls from Nigeria do not have their mothers there to comfort them. At the same time their mothers are grieving because they can not hold their daughters. So please, on this Mother's Day weekend, and all through the rest of this hard time for the people in Nigeria, pray. Pray for their Spiritual life and that God will bring the girls home safely and soon. Help spread the word to get on our knees and to pray "BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!"
Here is something that Victoria over at Miss Tadoodles Corner wrote that I really think everyone should read. He Is Mighty To Save: Bring Back Our Girls!
Again, I hope all of you have a happy Mother's Day! God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Brandi! You have once again touched my heart in a way that only, God working through you could do! ♥

    ReplyDelete