Sunday, May 22, 2016

Spring 2016 nail colors

So, I haven't been on here in about five, almost six, months. The ending of 2015 and the beginning of 2016 were stressful times that were filled with things that had to be done. However, I am slowly getting back into a routine of things and am so excited to be posting my first blog post of 2016!
  The first thing I want to post about is a "beauty tip" of sorts. Spring is upon us and it's that time of year when many people get their nails done and want them to look good and have bright colors. I love painting my nails and really using all of the many color options that a girl can have. What I do not like is that some nail polishes chip easily, do not go on smooth, or do not last long. Also, I am not a big fan of getting my nails professionally done. There's nothing wrong with getting a manicure or pedicure, but I'm just the type of girl who doesn't like that. I thought I would always be doomed to use non-lasting nail polish, but then I stumbled upon something in Walmart.
Sinful Colors is a nail polish brand that uses gel nail technology to give a person "salon worthy" nails. I pay about three dollars for a bottle of this nail polish, and in my opinion, it is totally worth it!
The picture on the right is a picture of my nails that I painted about a week ago. When I use the Sinful Color brand it lasts me about three weeks. I love how shiny the color looks after using the top coat, and that I don't have to spend a lot of money at a nail place to get good-looking nails. The colors that I am using this Spring are: 
  • I'm Blushing (a soft, creamy pink/nude color)
  • Pragmatic (a bright lavender looking purple)
  • Alfresco (picture above and to the right)
  • Slay Grey from the King Kylie collection (a sparkly gray color)
The other brand of nail polish that I am using is China Glaze. I get my China Glaze nail polish from Sally Beauty Supply and I use a friend's discount, so I pay about four dollars. The colors I am using this spring are:
  • Flip Flop Fantasy (a dark coral color)
  • Re-Fresh Mint (a mint green color)
Out of the two products, I like Sinful Colors better. It goes on smoother, last longer, and is cheaper. I would love to know what colors you are wearing this spring. You can post your color choices in the comments on this post, or on twitter and Instagram by using the #TravelersThoughtsSpringNails

No comments:

Post a Comment