Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Under Construction: college life

took this while the sun was rising on the way to school.
        
I should've known that I would end up writing a "back to school" post. I have written a post about my college experience every time classes start back since I've had this blog. I didn't think I would this year, but here I am again, three days late, writing about my classes.
First, let me tell you what I am taking this semester.
On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I take English 112. It's pretty much a class that teaches you to interpret literature and write about your thoughts with facts to back up said thoughts. My first paper is on why The Crucible should be taught in Sociology. It's the next step in becoming a writer for me.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I take Physics, which is a class I am surprisingly enjoying and I have a great teacher in. I'm so thankful for the help that my teacher gives me and that he cares whether or not I truly learn Physics! I also take a Humanities class called Human Values and Meaning. I find the class interesting, but my teacher does not believe Christians should be allowed to give their opinions. Every religion is important but Christianity in her eyes. I have a Bible verse that comes to mind every time I'm in that class. It's Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile." (NIV).
I'm still working at the pregnancy center. I still love the work that I do and I am so thankful everyday that God put the opportunity to work there in front of me. I have another great opportunity that I get to share with you! I was picked to be a part of the Street Team for a book called The Chase: trusting God with your Happily Ever After by Kyle and Kelsey Kupecky. My book came in the mail today and I can not wait to start reading this book and to write about it on this blog! If you want more information on this book visit Kyle and Kelsey's website.
Kyle and Kelsey's book
Finally, the last thing I want to share with you is how this blog post got its title. Every morning on the way to school, and sometimes on the way home, I have to wait in the worse road construction traffic I have ever seen. Today I realized how that road construction compares to my life right now. I'm in a chapter of my life where I am still under construction. I'm having to realize what's important to me and how to stand up for my beliefs but still be a godly Christian woman. There are days when it is hard, but I'm so thankful that I am "under construction".

No comments:

Post a Comment