Saturday, September 27, 2014

Being God's Princess

I've been reading His Princess Love Letters from Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd. She wrote this book as though God is writing a letter to us personally and a Bible Verse that goes with it. There are eighty-seven "letters" in it. This book has helped me so much. I want to take the first six "letters" I have read so far and focus on the Bible Verses.
"You didn't choose Me, I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using My Name." ~John 15:16. Think about this, GOD choose you! He wants a relationship with you and to hear about your day and your problems! He's NEVER too busy for you! He has a job for us. We are His hands and feet to bring forth the fruit "other Christians" and it'll be forever!
"Am I not trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." ~Galatians 1:10. We are not meant to fit in with the world. So, we can't win the approval of people who don't believe in God. But why would we want their approval over God's approval in the first place? A friend of mine once told me, that in one of their college classes the professor assigned a book full of foul language and inappropriate scenes and also talked about how God wasn't real. This friend felt condemned of reading this book. So they went and told the professor they could not read this book. The professor said they had the option of taking an F on the assignment or reading the book. My friend took the F. They chose God's approval over man's.
"'And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters,' says the Lord Almighty." ~2Corinthians 6:18. God is our Dad. He created us. He wanted a relationship with us. He planned our lives. He watches over us. He cheers us on. He comforts us. He loves us. Therefore, we can call Him Father.
"The Lord said: 'It isn't too late. You can still return to Me with all your heart.'" ~Joel 2:12 (CEV). Anything you have done, no matter how bad, you can still have a relationship with God! He still loves you!
"You are the light of the world-like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see. Don't hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all." ~Matthew5:14-15. Someone is always watching you. It could be a teacher, a student, a friend, or a complete stranger. But someone always sees how you act and what message you are sending. Also, you could be the only form of the Bible someone sees. So shine for God!
"Remember that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you will win." ~1 Corinthians 9:24. The world is going to judge you on a lot of different things. People are going to expect too much out of you sometimes. You're going to put to much pressure on yourself. Stop. Breathe. Remember that you have already won if you have a relationship with Christ. You are Heaven bond!
Here is a link to Sheri Rose Shepherd's website and here's a link to the book I am reading on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment