Saturday, June 14, 2014

Are You a Carrot, Egg, or Coffee Bean?

I often wonder what kind of imprint I'm leaving on this world. It's safe to say I want God to shine through whatever I do. But, I also want to be who He made me to be.
I started this week off by going to a friend's graduation. One of the speakers told a story that really stuck with me. It went like this:
A girl had came home and was telling her mom what a bad day at school she was having and how hard life was at the time. The mom went and put three pots of water on the stove to boil. She put a carrot in the first pot. An egg in the second and a coffee bean in the third. After a few minutes she called her daughter into the kitchen. She told her daughter she had three choices. To become like the carrot, which had turned soft a mushy, during hard times. To become like the egg, that had became hard and tough to crack. Or to be like the coffee bean, which had turned the water into coffee.
So what is the idea here? It's to be like a coffee bean and influence the world around you instead of letting the world influence you! This scripture, I think, that teaches that same lesson.  Jesus is telling a parable about weeds. The weeds are lost people today and the good seed are people who have a relationship with God. I think this shows how we can influence each other and how God doesn't give up on us.
"'No,' he answered, ' because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'" ~Matthew 13:29-30 NIV
So, are you a carrot, egg, or coffee bean?

2 comments:

  1. You're definitely a coffee bean ;) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Victoria!! That means a lot to me! :)

      Delete