Sunday, April 6, 2014

To Thaw A Frozen Heart

So I just watched Frozen for the first time on Friday night! Needless to say, I loved it! While I was watching the movie I saw some lessons in it that I really wanted to talk about. So on Saturday night, I watched it again and wrote down my thoughts on the Biblical lessons that the movie could teach someone.
The first thing that caught my attention was Anna's love for Elsa. Anna never gave up on Elsa, she was always knocking on Elsa's door and letting Elsa know she was there for her. I thought of this verse during that part: "'Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.'" (ESV) Also, everything Anna goes through to find Elsa, I thought of all that Jesus went through for us. Finally, the part that really stuck out to me was when Anna was singing to Elsa trying to clam her down and Elsa was consumed with her worry. Jesus stands there during the hard times in our lives and waits for us to take His hand for help.
Second, Anna's personality reminded me of a person who has a relationship with Christ and tries to get to know Him more and more everyday. Elsa's personality reminded me of a person who tries to do everything on their own and doesn't necessarily trust God.
The third thing was, even though Elsa was trying to protect Anna, how Elsa kept shutting Anna out. The thing to remember is don't shut the people out that God places in your life. They are there to help you and are a part of God's great plan for your life.
Now lets talk boys and relationships! Hans represents the guy who is only interested in you because he can get something. Hans wanted the palace and really didn't care about Anna. Also on that note, don't go looking for love. Love normally finds you when you aren't looking for it. Anna and Kristoff are examples of that. Kristoff respected her, cared about her, was truly concerned about her health, and wanted to protect her. The trolls also made a good point that everyone is a "bit of a fixer uper." Also, the first guy isn't always the right guy.
Finally, don't judge someone by their looks. Elsa had a good heart and was trying to protect everyone, but when people found out they thought she was a monster. Knowing that people would judge her made her shut people out and if people hadn't judged what good could Elsa have already done? It's the same way in life. Don't judge a book by it's cover and as the body of Christ we all have gifts that are going to help everyone.
So there are Biblical life lessons from Frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment